05042015Sun

Last updateSun, 05 Apr 2015 2pm

#Allergy: Curry house owner charged with manslaughter after nut allergy death

The owner of an Indian restaurant has been charged with manslaughter after a customer with a severe peanut allergy died after eating a curry at the restaurant.

Paul Wilson, a 38-year-old pub owner, suffered an anaphylactic shock after eating at the Indian Garden restaurant in Easingwold, Yorkshire.

The restaurant’s owner, Mohammed Khalique Zaman, has been charged with manslaughter by gross negligence in the first case of its kind in the UK.

According to reports, father-of-one Mr Wilson bought the curry in January last year before collapsing and dying in bathroom at his pub.

His death came months before the introduction of new laws demanding that all food businesses provide allergy information on unpackaged foods like takeaways. 

Zaman, 52, from York, has also been charged with perverting the course justice and an employment offence under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.

He has run takeaways and restaurants across North Yorkshire for decades and his Jaipur Spice chain won best in the country in 2012 and 2013 at the Bangladeshi Catering Association Awards.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

 

Photo Gallery- Featured

  • latest Post

  • Most Read

  • Events

雪茄| 雪茄烟网购/雪茄网购| 雪茄专卖店| 古巴雪茄专卖网| 古巴雪茄价格| 雪茄价格| 雪茄怎么抽| 雪茄吧| 雪茄哪里买| 雪茄海淘| 古巴雪茄品牌| 推荐一个卖雪茄的网站| 非古雪茄| SO站| 港水雪茄 帕特加斯d4 大卫杜夫雪茄 高希霸雪茄 蒙特雪茄 好友雪茄

古巴雪茄品牌| 非古雪茄品牌

Addmotor electric bike shop

Beauties' Secret cosmetic and skincare

DecorCollection European design furniture| sofa hk| sofas| beds| coffee tables| dining tables| dining chairs| sideboards| furniture hk| Cattelan Italia| Koinor

Wycombe Abbey| private school hong kong| English primary school Hong Kong| primary education| top schools in Hong Kong| best international schools hong kong| best primary schools in hong kong| school day| boarding school Hong Kong| Wycombe Abbey School